Girl on Fire, the title track and lead single off Alicia Keys’ fifth studio album, depicted a young pop starlet struggling to keep her artistic spark alive despite the burning stares of the people around her. Her latest effort, on the other hand, deals with a different and considerably less threatening type of flame. Fire We Make, an amorous duet between Keys and Maxwell, finds the collaborator trading steamy, poetic lines with the neo-soul veteran over piano-led production by Pop N Oak. Chris Robinson directs the joint’s sensual official video, shot at a sumptuous hotel in New Orleans’ French Quarter. Originally released in fall of 2012, Alicia Keys’ latest full-length is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.