Girl on Fire, the title track and lead single off Alicia Keys’ fifth studio album, depicted a young pop starlet struggling to keep her artistic spark alive despite the burning stares of the people around her. Her latest effort, on the other hand, deals with a different and considerably less threatening type of flame. Fire We Make, an amorous duet between Keys and Maxwell, finds the collaborator trading steamy, poetic lines with the neo-soul veteran over piano-led production by Pop N Oak. Chris Robinson directs the joint’s sensual official video, shot at a sumptuous hotel in New Orleans’ French Quarter. Originally released in fall of 2012, Alicia Keys’ latest full-length is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
It’s now been more than a decade since a 20-year-old Alicia Keys first blew open the doors of R&B with her debut album, Songs In A Minor, and since that time she’s been stunningly consistent, and consistently great....
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)