Girl on Fire, the title track and lead single off Alicia Keys’ fifth studio album, depicted a young pop starlet struggling to keep her artistic spark alive despite the burning stares of the people around her. Her latest effort, on the other hand, deals with a different and considerably less threatening type of flame. Fire We Make, an amorous duet between Keys and Maxwell, finds the collaborator trading steamy, poetic lines with the neo-soul veteran over piano-led production by Pop N Oak. Chris Robinson directs the joint’s sensual official video, shot at a sumptuous hotel in New Orleans’ French Quarter. Originally released in fall of 2012, Alicia Keys’ latest full-length is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
It’s now been more than a decade since a 20-year-old Alicia Keys first blew open the doors of R&B with her debut album, Songs In A Minor, and since that time she’s been stunningly consistent, and consistently great....
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.