There is an oft-quoted adage that states “the future isn’t promise today.” While this may sound cliché, the beautiful Alicia Keys is pleading to her man to apply that proverb to their relationship and love me “Like You’ll Never See Me Again.” The lyrics, vocal style and accompaniment (with which Keys has a major role) should all remind listeners of Prince circa Purple Rain; a perfect combination for Keys’ to extend her string of Top 10 Billboard hits. The potential Grammy-winning As I Am is set for release November 13th.
Written by Burmy on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.