I haven’t seen a Spiderman flick since the title character was played by Tobey Maguire and, to be honest, I never felt like I was missing anything. Now, though, I’m thinking I may have to check out the next installment in the relaunched saga—if only for the dope music it will feature. It’s On Again, the latest promo single off The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘s official soundtrack, is a collaboration between the most acclaimed rhymesayer in recent memory and one of the most talented ladies in contemporary R&B. While Alicia Keys gets first billing, Kendrick Lamar leads off the cut, jumping on Pharrell Williams‘s appropriately cinematic beat to deliver a feverishly-flowed chronicle of his struggles to succeed. After he’s said his piece, the headliner takes over; in her forceful verses and hook, the singer urges listeners to fight on even when all seems to be lost. No release date has been announced for the aforementioned soundtrack LP, but those craving more from Keys can always check out her last feature, October 2013’s Better You, Better Me. Additionally, watch our pages for the latest on Kendrick’s forthcoming, currently-untitled sophomore set.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.