I haven’t seen a Spiderman flick since the title character was played by Tobey Maguire and, to be honest, I never felt like I was missing anything. Now, though, I’m thinking I may have to check out the next installment in the relaunched saga—if only for the dope music it will feature. It’s On Again, the latest promo single off The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘s official soundtrack, is a collaboration between the most acclaimed rhymesayer in recent memory and one of the most talented ladies in contemporary R&B. While Alicia Keys gets first billing, Kendrick Lamar leads off the cut, jumping on Pharrell Williams‘s appropriately cinematic beat to deliver a feverishly-flowed chronicle of his struggles to succeed. After he’s said his piece, the headliner takes over; in her forceful verses and hook, the singer urges listeners to fight on even when all seems to be lost. No release date has been announced for the aforementioned soundtrack LP, but those craving more from Keys can always check out her last feature, October 2013’s Better You, Better Me. Additionally, watch our pages for the latest on Kendrick’s forthcoming, currently-untitled sophomore set.
Written by richard on 04/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.