Alicia Keys may be a decade removed from her teenage years, but age is all relative when it comes to love. On the highly-touted Teenage Love Affair, the Grammy-winning artist showed that while the days of hushed phone calls and reaching 3rd base for the first time may be over, it’s hard not to stay young at heart in an adult relationship. Teen angst continues to run amok in this Swizz Beatz-produced remix, as the former teen heartthrob LL Cool J jumps in to lend a male perspective. In typical Swizz fashion, the beat is choppy and playful; borrowing a familiar sample from Slick Rick’s 1988 hit, Teenage Love. For more Alicia, check out her current album, As I Am; it just might be worth breaking curfew for.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.