Alicia Keys may be a decade removed from her teenage years, but age is all relative when it comes to love. On the highly-touted Teenage Love Affair, the Grammy-winning artist showed that while the days of hushed phone calls and reaching 3rd base for the first time may be over, it’s hard not to stay young at heart in an adult relationship. Teen angst continues to run amok in this Swizz Beatz-produced remix, as the former teen heartthrob LL Cool J jumps in to lend a male perspective. In typical Swizz fashion, the beat is choppy and playful; borrowing a familiar sample from Slick Rick’s 1988 hit, Teenage Love. For more Alicia, check out her current album, As I Am; it just might be worth breaking curfew for.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.