Alicia Keys may be a decade removed from her teenage years, but age is all relative when it comes to love. On the highly-touted Teenage Love Affair, the Grammy-winning artist showed that while the days of hushed phone calls and reaching 3rd base for the first time may be over, it’s hard not to stay young at heart in an adult relationship. Teen angst continues to run amok in this Swizz Beatz-produced remix, as the former teen heartthrob LL Cool J jumps in to lend a male perspective. In typical Swizz fashion, the beat is choppy and playful; borrowing a familiar sample from Slick Rick’s 1988 hit, Teenage Love. For more Alicia, check out her current album, As I Am; it just might be worth breaking curfew for.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/22/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)