Alicia Keys may be a decade removed from her teenage years, but age is all relative when it comes to love. On the highly-touted Teenage Love Affair, the Grammy-winning artist showed that while the days of hushed phone calls and reaching 3rd base for the first time may be over, it’s hard not to stay young at heart in an adult relationship. Teen angst continues to run amok in this Swizz Beatz-produced remix, as the former teen heartthrob LL Cool J jumps in to lend a male perspective. In typical Swizz fashion, the beat is choppy and playful; borrowing a familiar sample from Slick Rick’s 1988 hit, Teenage Love. For more Alicia, check out her current album, As I Am; it just might be worth breaking curfew for.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.