Alicia Keys’ brand new album, As I Am, is in stores today and on its heels is a Reggae remix to the lead single, No One, featuring Damien Marley. Both Keys and Marley went into the studio to record the new version, allowing Keys to tweak her vocals for several melody changes that are interpolated into a dumb down version of the original Krucial Keys beat. Amazingly enough the song doesn’t seem forced and will exist in it of itself—instead of coming off as a forced collaboration to harbor wide spread interest in the record. Keys’ is at the top of her game and no one can touch her.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.