Alicia Keys’ brand new album, As I Am, is in stores today and on its heels is a Reggae remix to the lead single, No One, featuring Damien Marley. Both Keys and Marley went into the studio to record the new version, allowing Keys to tweak her vocals for several melody changes that are interpolated into a dumb down version of the original Krucial Keys beat. Amazingly enough the song doesn’t seem forced and will exist in it of itself—instead of coming off as a forced collaboration to harbor wide spread interest in the record. Keys’ is at the top of her game and no one can touch her.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.