Alicia Keys’ brand new album, As I Am, is in stores today and on its heels is a Reggae remix to the lead single, No One, featuring Damien Marley. Both Keys and Marley went into the studio to record the new version, allowing Keys to tweak her vocals for several melody changes that are interpolated into a dumb down version of the original Krucial Keys beat. Amazingly enough the song doesn’t seem forced and will exist in it of itself—instead of coming off as a forced collaboration to harbor wide spread interest in the record. Keys’ is at the top of her game and no one can touch her.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.