Alicia Keys’ brand new album, As I Am, is in stores today and on its heels is a Reggae remix to the lead single, No One, featuring Damien Marley. Both Keys and Marley went into the studio to record the new version, allowing Keys to tweak her vocals for several melody changes that are interpolated into a dumb down version of the original Krucial Keys beat. Amazingly enough the song doesn’t seem forced and will exist in it of itself—instead of coming off as a forced collaboration to harbor wide spread interest in the record. Keys’ is at the top of her game and no one can touch her.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/07
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.