Money can’t buy true love and, likewise, you can’t spend your way out of heartbreak – at least not until someone figures out a way to erase memories post-breakup a la Eternal Sunshine. On the newly-released lead single off what will be Alicia Keys’ first album since ‘07’s “near-classic” As I Am, the R&B songstress laments that, now that her man is gone, her material success Doesn’t Mean Anything. If it would bring him back, she’d gladly give it all up. Like much of the artist’s output, including the hit single No One, this sweeping ballad finds Alicia linking up with longtime production/songwriting partner Kerry “Krucial” Brothers, serving up warm, piano-led boardwork under the Krucial Keys banner. Needless to say, Alicia’s soulful vocals are as radiant as ever, and the classic Keys sound is present and accounted for. Though the artist’s fourth studio album has yet to receive a title (it is due for a December 1st release), readers can expect this single, along with Hova collabo Empire State of Mind and the acclaimed VMA performance thereof, to stir up substantial early buzz.
Listen to More: Alicia Keys
Written by richard on 09/16/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)