Money can’t buy true love and, likewise, you can’t spend your way out of heartbreak – at least not until someone figures out a way to erase memories post-breakup a la Eternal Sunshine. On the newly-released lead single off what will be Alicia Keys’ first album since ‘07’s “near-classic” As I Am, the R&B songstress laments that, now that her man is gone, her material success Doesn’t Mean Anything. If it would bring him back, she’d gladly give it all up. Like much of the artist’s output, including the hit single No One, this sweeping ballad finds Alicia linking up with longtime production/songwriting partner Kerry “Krucial” Brothers, serving up warm, piano-led boardwork under the Krucial Keys banner. Needless to say, Alicia’s soulful vocals are as radiant as ever, and the classic Keys sound is present and accounted for. Though the artist’s fourth studio album has yet to receive a title (it is due for a December 1st release), readers can expect this single, along with Hova collabo Empire State of Mind and the acclaimed VMA performance thereof, to stir up substantial early buzz.
Listen to More: Alicia Keys Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.