Money can’t buy true love and, likewise, you can’t spend your way out of heartbreak – at least not until someone figures out a way to erase memories post-breakup a la Eternal Sunshine. On the newly-released lead single off what will be Alicia Keys’ first album since ‘07’s “near-classic” As I Am, the R&B songstress laments that, now that her man is gone, her material success Doesn’t Mean Anything. If it would bring him back, she’d gladly give it all up. Like much of the artist’s output, including the hit single No One, this sweeping ballad finds Alicia linking up with longtime production/songwriting partner Kerry “Krucial” Brothers, serving up warm, piano-led boardwork under the Krucial Keys banner. Needless to say, Alicia’s soulful vocals are as radiant as ever, and the classic Keys sound is present and accounted for. Though the artist’s fourth studio album has yet to receive a title (it is due for a December 1st release), readers can expect this single, along with Hova collabo Empire State of Mind and the acclaimed VMA performance thereof, to stir up substantial early buzz.
Written by richard on 09/16/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.