Even though the latest single from Alicia Keys’ brand new album is entitled Brand New Me, fans of the R&B superstar need not worry because Ms. Keys is up to the same old tricks that have kept her atop the charts for over a decade. On the power ballad, Alicia informs a former boo that he should expect a changes in her demeanor. Once reliant on her self-centered, spiteful ex, Keys bravely announces that she is no longer wrapped around his finger and is now a strong, independent woman. (Word to Beyoncé.) Despite a personality chang, Keys can still tickle the ivories and captivate fans with a powerful voice that has made her one of the most popular and well-respected musicians in recent memory. For more sultry, impactful material, be sure to buy Girl On Fire, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.