Even though the latest single from Alicia Keys’ brand new album is entitled Brand New Me, fans of the R&B superstar need not worry because Ms. Keys is up to the same old tricks that have kept her atop the charts for over a decade. On the power ballad, Alicia informs a former boo that he should expect a changes in her demeanor. Once reliant on her self-centered, spiteful ex, Keys bravely announces that she is no longer wrapped around his finger and is now a strong, independent woman. (Word to Beyoncé.) Despite a personality chang, Keys can still tickle the ivories and captivate fans with a powerful voice that has made her one of the most popular and well-respected musicians in recent memory. For more sultry, impactful material, be sure to buy Girl On Fire, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/4/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.