Even though the latest single from Alicia Keys’ brand new album is entitled Brand New Me, fans of the R&B superstar need not worry because Ms. Keys is up to the same old tricks that have kept her atop the charts for over a decade. On the power ballad, Alicia informs a former boo that he should expect a changes in her demeanor. Once reliant on her self-centered, spiteful ex, Keys bravely announces that she is no longer wrapped around his finger and is now a strong, independent woman. (Word to Beyoncé.) Despite a personality chang, Keys can still tickle the ivories and captivate fans with a powerful voice that has made her one of the most popular and well-respected musicians in recent memory. For more sultry, impactful material, be sure to buy Girl On Fire, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.