This past Friday, January 25, R&B heavyweight Alicia Keys celebrated her 32nd birthday. Touched by the myriad fans who reached out to her in honor of the occasion, the singer has unleashed a brand new promo single as a “thank you” to her well-wishers. The sequel to December single selection Brand New Me, B.N.M. Part 2 transplants its predecessor’s lyrical themes into a very different aural environment. An unknown producer takes the reins this time around, backing Keys’ chronicles of self-transformation with a driving, hip hop-infused beat inspired by Crystal Waters’ 1994 dance hit, Gypsy Woman. This innovative sequel isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can find the original cut and much more on Girl on Fire, released November 22, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.