This past Friday, January 25, R&B heavyweight Alicia Keys celebrated her 32nd birthday. Touched by the myriad fans who reached out to her in honor of the occasion, the singer has unleashed a brand new promo single as a “thank you” to her well-wishers. The sequel to December single selection Brand New Me, B.N.M. Part 2 transplants its predecessor’s lyrical themes into a very different aural environment. An unknown producer takes the reins this time around, backing Keys’ chronicles of self-transformation with a driving, hip hop-infused beat inspired by Crystal Waters’ 1994 dance hit, Gypsy Woman. This innovative sequel isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can find the original cut and much more on Girl on Fire, released November 22, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.