This past Friday, January 25, R&B heavyweight Alicia Keys celebrated her 32nd birthday. Touched by the myriad fans who reached out to her in honor of the occasion, the singer has unleashed a brand new promo single as a “thank you” to her well-wishers. The sequel to December single selection Brand New Me, B.N.M. Part 2 transplants its predecessor’s lyrical themes into a very different aural environment. An unknown producer takes the reins this time around, backing Keys’ chronicles of self-transformation with a driving, hip hop-infused beat inspired by Crystal Waters’ 1994 dance hit, Gypsy Woman. This innovative sequel isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can find the original cut and much more on Girl on Fire, released November 22, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.