This past Friday, January 25, R&B heavyweight Alicia Keys celebrated her 32nd birthday. Touched by the myriad fans who reached out to her in honor of the occasion, the singer has unleashed a brand new promo single as a “thank you” to her well-wishers. The sequel to December single selection Brand New Me, B.N.M. Part 2 transplants its predecessor’s lyrical themes into a very different aural environment. An unknown producer takes the reins this time around, backing Keys’ chronicles of self-transformation with a driving, hip hop-infused beat inspired by Crystal Waters’ 1994 dance hit, Gypsy Woman. This innovative sequel isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can find the original cut and much more on Girl on Fire, released November 22, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)