This past Friday, January 25, R&B heavyweight Alicia Keys celebrated her 32nd birthday. Touched by the myriad fans who reached out to her in honor of the occasion, the singer has unleashed a brand new promo single as a “thank you” to her well-wishers. The sequel to December single selection Brand New Me, B.N.M. Part 2 transplants its predecessor’s lyrical themes into a very different aural environment. An unknown producer takes the reins this time around, backing Keys’ chronicles of self-transformation with a driving, hip hop-infused beat inspired by Crystal Waters’ 1994 dance hit, Gypsy Woman. This innovative sequel isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can find the original cut and much more on Girl on Fire, released November 22, via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.