On her Facebook page, Booth newcomer Alice Russell describes her style as “raw soul electro,” and in the accompanying bio boasts of drawing inspiration from everything from punk, to blues, to dubstep. Despite that potpourri of cutting-edge influences, the UK singer’s latest single exhibits a style strongly influenced by the organic sounds of vintage soul. Featured along with official visuals by Steve Glashier, Heartbreaker finds Russell showcasing her powerful pipes over the guitar-led throwback grooves of producer TM Juke. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop the record now, along with three remixes, as a maxi-single via iTunes—or wait till December 26, when new album To Dust hits record stores and online retailers via Tru Thoughts.
Written by richard on 12/3/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.