On her Facebook page, Booth newcomer Alice Russell describes her style as “raw soul electro,” and in the accompanying bio boasts of drawing inspiration from everything from punk, to blues, to dubstep. Despite that potpourri of cutting-edge influences, the UK singer’s latest single exhibits a style strongly influenced by the organic sounds of vintage soul. Featured along with official visuals by Steve Glashier, Heartbreaker finds Russell showcasing her powerful pipes over the guitar-led throwback grooves of producer TM Juke. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop the record now, along with three remixes, as a maxi-single via iTunes—or wait till December 26, when new album To Dust hits record stores and online retailers via Tru Thoughts.
Written by richard on 12/3/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.