On her Facebook page, Booth newcomer Alice Russell describes her style as “raw soul electro,” and in the accompanying bio boasts of drawing inspiration from everything from punk, to blues, to dubstep. Despite that potpourri of cutting-edge influences, the UK singer’s latest single exhibits a style strongly influenced by the organic sounds of vintage soul. Featured along with official visuals by Steve Glashier, Heartbreaker finds Russell showcasing her powerful pipes over the guitar-led throwback grooves of producer TM Juke. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop the record now, along with three remixes, as a maxi-single via iTunes—or wait till December 26, when new album To Dust hits record stores and online retailers via Tru Thoughts.
Written by richard on 12/3/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.