On her Facebook page, Booth newcomer Alice Russell describes her style as “raw soul electro,” and in the accompanying bio boasts of drawing inspiration from everything from punk, to blues, to dubstep. Despite that potpourri of cutting-edge influences, the UK singer’s latest single exhibits a style strongly influenced by the organic sounds of vintage soul. Featured along with official visuals by Steve Glashier, Heartbreaker finds Russell showcasing her powerful pipes over the guitar-led throwback grooves of producer TM Juke. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop the record now, along with three remixes, as a maxi-single via iTunes—or wait till December 26, when new album To Dust hits record stores and online retailers via Tru Thoughts.
Written by richard on 12/3/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.