On her Facebook page, Booth newcomer Alice Russell describes her style as “raw soul electro,” and in the accompanying bio boasts of drawing inspiration from everything from punk, to blues, to dubstep. Despite that potpourri of cutting-edge influences, the UK singer’s latest single exhibits a style strongly influenced by the organic sounds of vintage soul. Featured along with official visuals by Steve Glashier, Heartbreaker finds Russell showcasing her powerful pipes over the guitar-led throwback grooves of producer TM Juke. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop the record now, along with three remixes, as a maxi-single via iTunes—or wait till December 26, when new album To Dust hits record stores and online retailers via Tru Thoughts.
Written by richard on 12/3/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.