I know what you’re thinking and no, this record isn’t about veg memories (as in memories of vegetables), it’s Veg Memories, as in the memories of the longstanding Queens emcee Ali Veg
as. Now that we’ve got that cleared up, we can move onto the title track’s supremely soulful beat courtesy of Sha Money XL - bonus points to anyone who can name that sample - and Ali’s always on point rhymes as he revisits hip-hop’s age old music vs. hustling debate: “Rap sales could make me a Grammy Award winner / but these crack sales is how my family afford dinner.” For even more musical reminiscing from Ali be sure to keep an ear out for his upcoming Veg Memories album, which is still awaiting a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/12
Jamaica, Queens-raised veteran Ali Vegas has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, The Book of Ali. The project features 10 original jams (and three skits) from the underground...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.