I know what you’re thinking and no, this record isn’t about veg memories (as in memories of vegetables), it’s Veg Memories, as in the memories of the longstanding Queens emcee Ali Veg
as. Now that we’ve got that cleared up, we can move onto the title track’s supremely soulful beat courtesy of Sha Money XL - bonus points to anyone who can name that sample - and Ali’s always on point rhymes as he revisits hip-hop’s age old music vs. hustling debate: “Rap sales could make me a Grammy Award winner / but these crack sales is how my family afford dinner.” For even more musical reminiscing from Ali be sure to keep an ear out for his upcoming Veg Memories album, which is still awaiting a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.