I know what you’re thinking and no, this record isn’t about veg memories (as in memories of vegetables), it’s Veg Memories, as in the memories of the longstanding Queens emcee Ali Veg
as. Now that we’ve got that cleared up, we can move onto the title track’s supremely soulful beat courtesy of Sha Money XL - bonus points to anyone who can name that sample - and Ali’s always on point rhymes as he revisits hip-hop’s age old music vs. hustling debate: “Rap sales could make me a Grammy Award winner / but these crack sales is how my family afford dinner.” For even more musical reminiscing from Ali be sure to keep an ear out for his upcoming Veg Memories album, which is still awaiting a solid release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/12
Jamaica, Queens-raised veteran Ali Vegas has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, The Book of Ali. The project features 10 original jams (and three skits) from the underground...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.