A victim of industry politics for most of the current decade, rapper Ali Vegas is giving another name-brand label a shot at his talent. Trusting that his third time will be the charm, the Queens native recently inked a deal with Warner Music Group subsidiary Asylum, to release his long-awaited debut album, Generation Gap 2: The Prequel. Since a radio-friendly single is the determining factor for labels and their releases schedules, Ali wastes no time trying to stand out amongst the crowd on the swagger-filled That’s Nothing. Providing the club/radio-ready beat is producer Scott Storch, who once again “puts on” for the Northeast, and in the process, helps to turn Vegas’s nothing into something.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.