A victim of industry politics for most of the current decade, rapper Ali Vegas is giving another name-brand label a shot at his talent. Trusting that his third time will be the charm, the Queens native recently inked a deal with Warner Music Group subsidiary Asylum, to release his long-awaited debut album, Generation Gap 2: The Prequel. Since a radio-friendly single is the determining factor for labels and their releases schedules, Ali wastes no time trying to stand out amongst the crowd on the swagger-filled That’s Nothing. Providing the club/radio-ready beat is producer Scott Storch, who once again “puts on” for the Northeast, and in the process, helps to turn Vegas’s nothing into something.
Written by Burmy on 06/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.