A victim of industry politics for most of the current decade, rapper Ali Vegas is giving another name-brand label a shot at his talent. Trusting that his third time will be the charm, the Queens native recently inked a deal with Warner Music Group subsidiary Asylum, to release his long-awaited debut album, Generation Gap 2: The Prequel. Since a radio-friendly single is the determining factor for labels and their releases schedules, Ali wastes no time trying to stand out amongst the crowd on the swagger-filled That’s Nothing. Providing the club/radio-ready beat is producer Scott Storch, who once again “puts on” for the Northeast, and in the process, helps to turn Vegas’s nothing into something.
Written by Burmy on 06/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.