A victim of industry politics for most of the current decade, rapper Ali Vegas is giving another name-brand label a shot at his talent. Trusting that his third time will be the charm, the Queens native recently inked a deal with Warner Music Group subsidiary Asylum, to release his long-awaited debut album, Generation Gap 2: The Prequel. Since a radio-friendly single is the determining factor for labels and their releases schedules, Ali wastes no time trying to stand out amongst the crowd on the swagger-filled That’s Nothing. Providing the club/radio-ready beat is producer Scott Storch, who once again “puts on” for the Northeast, and in the process, helps to turn Vegas’s nothing into something.
Written by Burmy on 06/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.