Ali Vegas may be a proponent of Veganomics, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eat you alive if you get between him and his paper (OK, OK, I realize the title alludes to Vegas’ stage name, not his diet). On the latest leaked track off his forthcoming full-length, the Big Apple emcee who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Going In, sends a message to all haters, doubters, and sucker emcees: if you think you can survive in the Serengetti, you’re lion to yourself (cataclysmically awful pun intended). Love at 1st Sight producer Chop Desel mans the boards once again, serving up a propulsive, sampled bass-percussion beat as Vegas spits his rapid-fire mix of polysyllabically-rhymed trash talk and larger-than-life braggadocio, incorporating oddball allusions to everything from Fall Out Boy to pack llamas. Veganomics still has yet to receive a solid release date, but those digging this energetic cut should keep it locked to our front page for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.