Ali Vegas may be a proponent of Veganomics, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eat you alive if you get between him and his paper (OK, OK, I realize the title alludes to Vegas’ stage name, not his diet). On the latest leaked track off his forthcoming full-length, the Big Apple emcee who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Going In, sends a message to all haters, doubters, and sucker emcees: if you think you can survive in the Serengetti, you’re lion to yourself (cataclysmically awful pun intended). Love at 1st Sight producer Chop Desel mans the boards once again, serving up a propulsive, sampled bass-percussion beat as Vegas spits his rapid-fire mix of polysyllabically-rhymed trash talk and larger-than-life braggadocio, incorporating oddball allusions to everything from Fall Out Boy to pack llamas. Veganomics still has yet to receive a solid release date, but those digging this energetic cut should keep it locked to our front page for all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Ali Vegas Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.