Ali Vegas may be a proponent of Veganomics, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eat you alive if you get between him and his paper (OK, OK, I realize the title alludes to Vegas’ stage name, not his diet). On the latest leaked track off his forthcoming full-length, the Big Apple emcee who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Going In, sends a message to all haters, doubters, and sucker emcees: if you think you can survive in the Serengetti, you’re lion to yourself (cataclysmically awful pun intended). Love at 1st Sight producer Chop Desel mans the boards once again, serving up a propulsive, sampled bass-percussion beat as Vegas spits his rapid-fire mix of polysyllabically-rhymed trash talk and larger-than-life braggadocio, incorporating oddball allusions to everything from Fall Out Boy to pack llamas. Veganomics still has yet to receive a solid release date, but those digging this energetic cut should keep it locked to our front page for all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Ali Vegas Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.