Where would we be without our mothers? I know I’d be pretty damned helpless without mine – though I left the nest quite a few years back, she’s still the one I turn to in the frequent event that I have a problem too stupid to bother anyone else with (as in, “Hey Mom, I dropped a fork into my bathroom sink and it’s stuck in the drain. What should I do!?” True story.). On new single Love at First Sight, NYC native and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series participant Ali Vegas teams up with R&B singer Shelene Thomas to pay homage to the woman who’s been there for him since the moment he entered the world. Backed by beatsmith Chop Desel‘s mellow organ-guitar sample, the emcee describes the circumstances of his birth, revisits his memories of his late grandma, and addresses his father, who wasn’t willing or able to provide for his family. The result is a heartfelt cut sure to strike a chord with both mothers and anyone born to one – so, just about everyone. Fans can find more new tunes on Ali’s Veganomics LP, set to hit stores December 5.
Written by richard on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.