Some of the best hip-hop songs of all time are those that tell a good story (see Children’s Story, Brenda’s Got a Baby, and Runaway Love). Knowing what works, longtime industry-shenanigan victim Ali Vegas has gathered up two fellow Northeast emcees for an anthology of tales focused on why It’s So Hard in the streets. While Ali shares the story of a young man who barely makes ends meet at his McDonald’s job, AZ talks about a young woman whose dream is to become a baller, and Styles P. details a man’s struggle to stay away from the street life after being released from prison. Brought together by a hook from Danny McClane and classical production from producer L.E.S., It’s So Hard is a rarified gem in today’s musical landscape. Vegas’ Generation Gap 2: The Prequel mixtape is available now at select stores and online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 12/9/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.