Some of the best hip-hop songs of all time are those that tell a good story (see Children’s Story, Brenda’s Got a Baby, and Runaway Love). Knowing what works, longtime industry-shenanigan victim Ali Vegas has gathered up two fellow Northeast emcees for an anthology of tales focused on why It’s So Hard in the streets. While Ali shares the story of a young man who barely makes ends meet at his McDonald’s job, AZ talks about a young woman whose dream is to become a baller, and Styles P. details a man’s struggle to stay away from the street life after being released from prison. Brought together by a hook from Danny McClane and classical production from producer L.E.S., It’s So Hard is a rarified gem in today’s musical landscape. Vegas’ Generation Gap 2: The Prequel mixtape is available now at select stores and online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 12/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.