Set in a post-collapse America where widespread unemployment and prison privatization have led to skyrocketing incarceration rates, 2008 action flick Death Race (adapted from 1975’s Death Race 2000) offers a vision of American that’s eerily close to reality—you know, aside from vehicular manslaughter being a pay-per-view sport. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the latest single from Ali Vegas finds him painting a similarly bleak, violent picture of life in the urban jungle, where the poor and desperate gun each other down while the five-oh idly stand back and watch. Project collaborator Sha Money XL handles production duties, accenting his street-ready piano beat with sampled gunfire, and Golden Chyl ties the package together with a reggae-informed guest chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Ali Vegas and Sha Money’s The Book of Ali tape, scheduled for digital release December 4.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Jamaica, Queens-raised veteran Ali Vegas has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, The Book of Ali. The project features 10 original jams (and three skits) from the underground...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)