Set in a post-collapse America where widespread unemployment and prison privatization have led to skyrocketing incarceration rates, 2008 action flick Death Race (adapted from 1975’s Death Race 2000) offers a vision of American that’s eerily close to reality—you know, aside from vehicular manslaughter being a pay-per-view sport. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the latest single from Ali Vegas finds him painting a similarly bleak, violent picture of life in the urban jungle, where the poor and desperate gun each other down while the five-oh idly stand back and watch. Project collaborator Sha Money XL handles production duties, accenting his street-ready piano beat with sampled gunfire, and Golden Chyl ties the package together with a reggae-informed guest chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Ali Vegas and Sha Money’s The Book of Ali tape, scheduled for digital release December 4.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.