Set in a post-collapse America where widespread unemployment and prison privatization have led to skyrocketing incarceration rates, 2008 action flick Death Race (adapted from 1975’s Death Race 2000) offers a vision of American that’s eerily close to reality—you know, aside from vehicular manslaughter being a pay-per-view sport. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the latest single from Ali Vegas finds him painting a similarly bleak, violent picture of life in the urban jungle, where the poor and desperate gun each other down while the five-oh idly stand back and watch. Project collaborator Sha Money XL handles production duties, accenting his street-ready piano beat with sampled gunfire, and Golden Chyl ties the package together with a reggae-informed guest chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Ali Vegas and Sha Money’s The Book of Ali tape, scheduled for digital release December 4.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.