Set in a post-collapse America where widespread unemployment and prison privatization have led to skyrocketing incarceration rates, 2008 action flick Death Race (adapted from 1975’s Death Race 2000) offers a vision of American that’s eerily close to reality—you know, aside from vehicular manslaughter being a pay-per-view sport. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the latest single from Ali Vegas finds him painting a similarly bleak, violent picture of life in the urban jungle, where the poor and desperate gun each other down while the five-oh idly stand back and watch. Project collaborator Sha Money XL handles production duties, accenting his street-ready piano beat with sampled gunfire, and Golden Chyl ties the package together with a reggae-informed guest chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Ali Vegas and Sha Money’s The Book of Ali tape, scheduled for digital release December 4.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Jamaica, Queens-raised veteran Ali Vegas has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, The Book of Ali. The project features 10 original jams (and three skits) from the underground...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Future ft. Termanology" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.