In what will undoubtedly be remembered as one of 2010’s strangest stories, aquatic microorganisms everywhere have joined forces, gained sentience, and begun recording holiday-themed hip-hop. Wait.. what’s that? This is Algee, with two ‘e’s? And he’s from Atlanta, not some murky seabed? Oh… that makes a lot more sense, actually. My mistake. Hot on the heels of the Nappy Roots’ Nappy Holidays, this 16-year-old emcee’s stepped into the Booth to make his debut with a seasonal banger of his own. Appropriately, new promo single This Christmas is a family affair, with father John Eley cooking up a celebratory, synth-laced beat as his son fills us in on his Yuletide plans – from opening gifts and rocking reindeer sweaters to spending some time under the mistletoe with a special shawty. Light as the subject matter may be, Algee showcases skills beyond his years, and the finished product is as frothy and fun as (if considerably more wholesome than) a Christmas Eve eggnog bender. Has this inter-generational collab gotten you into the holiday spirit? Then keep it locked to you-know-where for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.