In what will undoubtedly be remembered as one of 2010’s strangest stories, aquatic microorganisms everywhere have joined forces, gained sentience, and begun recording holiday-themed hip-hop. Wait.. what’s that? This is Algee, with two ‘e’s? And he’s from Atlanta, not some murky seabed? Oh… that makes a lot more sense, actually. My mistake. Hot on the heels of the Nappy Roots’ Nappy Holidays, this 16-year-old emcee’s stepped into the Booth to make his debut with a seasonal banger of his own. Appropriately, new promo single This Christmas is a family affair, with father John Eley cooking up a celebratory, synth-laced beat as his son fills us in on his Yuletide plans – from opening gifts and rocking reindeer sweaters to spending some time under the mistletoe with a special shawty. Light as the subject matter may be, Algee showcases skills beyond his years, and the finished product is as frothy and fun as (if considerably more wholesome than) a Christmas Eve eggnog bender. Has this inter-generational collab gotten you into the holiday spirit? Then keep it locked to you-know-where for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.