At the start of your typical relationship, there’s a starry-eyed period during which all the things that used to interest you suddenly fade in importance, and all that matters is your proximity to that special man or woman. Algebra Blessett knows exactly what I’m talking about, judging by her first solo feature. (We previously heard her contribute guest vocals to Pol-B‘s 2011 cut, Timeless.) On a new single off her forthcoming independent full-length, the Atlanta native struggles to maintain her active lifestyle even though, every time she goes out with her girlfriends, all she can think about is going back home to a certain guy. As she puts it on the chorus: “I can’t be anywhere, I want you right there / No matter what I do, I wanna be Right Next to You.” Kwamé Holland produces the joint’s catchy, understated synth backdrop. Set to drop 1/28 via eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis, Blessett’s Recovery LP can be pre-ordered now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.