Proceed at your peril, Booth readers; we’ve just entered the Danger Zone. Granted, I’m not sure exactly what kind of a threat Algebra Blessett‘s latest single poses to the unwary ear—maybe hearing damage, if your volume is up too high?—but one can never be too careful. Those who do hit play on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, will be rewarded for their daring with an uncommonly fresh and complex R&B jam. LT Moe‘s beat, a mix of live instrumentation, synths and polyrhythmic percussion, backs the ATL singer/songwriter as she struggles (unsuccessfully) to escape from her attraction to a certain man. Capped off with some thrilling melismatic runs, Danger Zone is just one of many soulful cuts to be found on Blessett’s Recovery LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, January 28.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.