Proceed at your peril, Booth readers; we’ve just entered the Danger Zone. Granted, I’m not sure exactly what kind of a threat Algebra Blessett‘s latest single poses to the unwary ear—maybe hearing damage, if your volume is up too high?—but one can never be too careful. Those who do hit play on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, will be rewarded for their daring with an uncommonly fresh and complex R&B jam. LT Moe‘s beat, a mix of live instrumentation, synths and polyrhythmic percussion, backs the ATL singer/songwriter as she struggles (unsuccessfully) to escape from her attraction to a certain man. Capped off with some thrilling melismatic runs, Danger Zone is just one of many soulful cuts to be found on Blessett’s Recovery LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, January 28.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.