Proceed at your peril, Booth readers; we’ve just entered the Danger Zone. Granted, I’m not sure exactly what kind of a threat Algebra Blessett‘s latest single poses to the unwary ear—maybe hearing damage, if your volume is up too high?—but one can never be too careful. Those who do hit play on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, will be rewarded for their daring with an uncommonly fresh and complex R&B jam. LT Moe‘s beat, a mix of live instrumentation, synths and polyrhythmic percussion, backs the ATL singer/songwriter as she struggles (unsuccessfully) to escape from her attraction to a certain man. Capped off with some thrilling melismatic runs, Danger Zone is just one of many soulful cuts to be found on Blessett’s Recovery LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, January 28.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)