Proceed at your peril, Booth readers; we’ve just entered the Danger Zone. Granted, I’m not sure exactly what kind of a threat Algebra Blessett‘s latest single poses to the unwary ear—maybe hearing damage, if your volume is up too high?—but one can never be too careful. Those who do hit play on this cut, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, will be rewarded for their daring with an uncommonly fresh and complex R&B jam. LT Moe‘s beat, a mix of live instrumentation, synths and polyrhythmic percussion, backs the ATL singer/songwriter as she struggles (unsuccessfully) to escape from her attraction to a certain man. Capped off with some thrilling melismatic runs, Danger Zone is just one of many soulful cuts to be found on Blessett’s Recovery LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, January 28.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
eOne Music/Purpose Music/Slim Francis
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.