Remember Mork and Mindy, the late-eighties/early-seventies sitcom starring Robin Williams as a manic extraterrestrial from the planet Ork? Alfamega apparently does, as he’s repurposed Mork’s catchphrase as the title and hook of a newly-released record. Off the emcee’s long-delayed debut LP, I Am Alfamega, Na Nu is a mishmash of science-fiction catchphrases and bizarre boasts in the tradition of Weezy‘s Phone Home. Though Alfa’s planetary puns are entertainingly unhinged, his sleepy delivery makes the verses a little hard to follow – the faster, more aggressive flow he employed on Head Banger suits him better. On the production tip, Nard & B deliver a suitably spacey mix of cheesy organ riffs and bumping bass that, oddly enough, sounds as if it was inspired by Leontovych’s Christmas classic, Carol of the Bells. I Am Alfamega has been pushed back numerous times, but if all goes right, it won’t be long till the ATL rapper gets to say “Na-nu, na-nu.” to listeners nationwide.
Written by richard on 01/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hurt ft. Alfamega & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)