Remember Mork and Mindy, the late-eighties/early-seventies sitcom starring Robin Williams as a manic extraterrestrial from the planet Ork? Alfamega apparently does, as he’s repurposed Mork’s catchphrase as the title and hook of a newly-released record. Off the emcee’s long-delayed debut LP, I Am Alfamega, Na Nu is a mishmash of science-fiction catchphrases and bizarre boasts in the tradition of Weezy‘s Phone Home. Though Alfa’s planetary puns are entertainingly unhinged, his sleepy delivery makes the verses a little hard to follow – the faster, more aggressive flow he employed on Head Banger suits him better. On the production tip, Nard & B deliver a suitably spacey mix of cheesy organ riffs and bumping bass that, oddly enough, sounds as if it was inspired by Leontovych’s Christmas classic, Carol of the Bells. I Am Alfamega has been pushed back numerous times, but if all goes right, it won’t be long till the ATL rapper gets to say “Na-nu, na-nu.” to listeners nationwide.
Listen to More: Alfamega
Written by richard on 01/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hurt ft. Alfamega & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.