Alexis Jordan has been Gone from our pages for a hot minute now; her last appearance came way back in March of 2010, when she introduced herself with Roc Nation/Columbia debut single Happiness. Between then and now, the Colombian-born singer/songwriter has gone through a couple of breakups—one with her label, and the other with a man in her life. On this newly-released promo single, her first Booth feature as a free agent, she does a little venting about the latter, in language that could easily be interpreted as a veiled commentary on the former. Over Mel N Mus‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and clattering hi-hats, she blasts her man for trying her patience (“Ain’t no more waitin’, waitin’, I had to move on.”) and makes clear that second chances aren’t in the cards. GeeezyProductions and Casper Smart join forces to direct the accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. Though Gone isn’t part of a larger set, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the newly-independent songstress’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.