Alexis Jordan has been Gone from our pages for a hot minute now; her last appearance came way back in March of 2010, when she introduced herself with Roc Nation/Columbia debut single Happiness. Between then and now, the Colombian-born singer/songwriter has gone through a couple of breakups—one with her label, and the other with a man in her life. On this newly-released promo single, her first Booth feature as a free agent, she does a little venting about the latter, in language that could easily be interpreted as a veiled commentary on the former. Over Mel N Mus‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and clattering hi-hats, she blasts her man for trying her patience (“Ain’t no more waitin’, waitin’, I had to move on.”) and makes clear that second chances aren’t in the cards. GeeezyProductions and Casper Smart join forces to direct the accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. Though Gone isn’t part of a larger set, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the newly-independent songstress’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.