As someone who enjoys an egregiously sh*tty movie from time to time, I found it difficult not to think of the infamous Tommy Wiseau flick of the same title while listening to Alexander Spit‘s latest feature, The Room. Which is a shame, because this freshly-minted single isn’t “so bad it’s good”—it’s just plain good. Here, the San Francisco native’s own murky, sample-driven production sets the mood as he recounts a drug-fueled tryst with a penthouse-dwelling “angel.” Director Doug Chung directs the joint’s official video, which, though psychedelic in style, manage to make a hell of a lot more sense than Wiseau’s Room. Fans will be able to find this cut, the previously-featured Down and much more on Alexander Spit’s Dillinger LP, which currently lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.