As someone who enjoys an egregiously sh*tty movie from time to time, I found it difficult not to think of the infamous Tommy Wiseau flick of the same title while listening to Alexander Spit‘s latest feature, The Room. Which is a shame, because this freshly-minted single isn’t “so bad it’s good”—it’s just plain good. Here, the San Francisco native’s own murky, sample-driven production sets the mood as he recounts a drug-fueled tryst with a penthouse-dwelling “angel.” Director Doug Chung directs the joint’s official video, which, though psychedelic in style, manage to make a hell of a lot more sense than Wiseau’s Room. Fans will be able to find this cut, the previously-featured Down and much more on Alexander Spit’s Dillinger LP, which currently lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.