While the title “Facemelter” conjures up images of long-haired rockers shredding on the electric guitar, Alexander Spit‘s newly-leaked mixtape standout contains no monster riffs or over-the-top solos. Instead, the record finds the Los Angeles repper who brought us The Kids Are Bored showcasing his skills both on the mic and behind the boards, crafting an atmospherically spacey backdrop for his blunted lyrical poetry. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Alexander Spit’s These Long Strange Nights LP, released last Tuesday and available now online.
Written by richard on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.