While the title “Facemelter” conjures up images of long-haired rockers shredding on the electric guitar, Alexander Spit‘s newly-leaked mixtape standout contains no monster riffs or over-the-top solos. Instead, the record finds the Los Angeles repper who brought us The Kids Are Bored showcasing his skills both on the mic and behind the boards, crafting an atmospherically spacey backdrop for his blunted lyrical poetry. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Alexander Spit’s These Long Strange Nights LP, released last Tuesday and available now online.
Written by richard on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.