Dubbed “Eleanor” by director H.B. Halicki, the Ford Mustang at the center of Gone in 60 Seconds (the ‘74 original, not the 2000 remake with Nicolas Cage) is the only vehicle in history to receive star billing in a feature film. An action movie aficionado as well as a talented emcee and producer, Alexander Spit applies the moniker to his own old-school whip on Eleanor 60, a new single off his forthcoming full-length. Over his own blissfully mellow keyboard grooves, Spit fills us in on just how good it feels to be young and fly in San Francisco. As he chronicles long, lazy days spent smoking, rolling through the city streets and kicking it with dimes, a (non-work safe) slideshow of candid photos corroborates his bars. Fans will be able to find this breezy cut and many more bangers on the artist’s Dillinger LP, which as yet lacks a drop date. In the meantime, you can still cop his last project, A Breathtaking Trip to That Otherside, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.