Because of its position on the Cali coast and some meteorological sh*t I frankly don’t understand, San Francisco is often battered by powerful winds. It’s enough to make you worry about the City by the Bay being blown right off the map—good thing Alexander Spit and his clique are there to Hold It Down. (My sincere apologies for that terrible pun.) Coming on the heels of late September’s Booth-approved Eleanor 60, this freshly-minted promotional single finds Spit going in over a soulful beat by KT The Terrible. Over the producer’s sliced-and-diced string/vocal samples and heavily-syncopated percussion, the emcee drops boastful verses seasoned with an eclectic array of pop-culture references. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Alexander’s Dillinger street album, dropping digitally on Monday, November 11.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.