Because of its position on the Cali coast and some meteorological sh*t I frankly don’t understand, San Francisco is often battered by powerful winds. It’s enough to make you worry about the City by the Bay being blown right off the map—good thing Alexander Spit and his clique are there to Hold It Down. (My sincere apologies for that terrible pun.) Coming on the heels of late September’s Booth-approved Eleanor 60, this freshly-minted promotional single finds Spit going in over a soulful beat by KT The Terrible. Over the producer’s sliced-and-diced string/vocal samples and heavily-syncopated percussion, the emcee drops boastful verses seasoned with an eclectic array of pop-culture references. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Alexander’s Dillinger street album, dropping digitally on Monday, November 11.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.