Because of its position on the Cali coast and some meteorological sh*t I frankly don’t understand, San Francisco is often battered by powerful winds. It’s enough to make you worry about the City by the Bay being blown right off the map—good thing Alexander Spit and his clique are there to Hold It Down. (My sincere apologies for that terrible pun.) Coming on the heels of late September’s Booth-approved Eleanor 60, this freshly-minted promotional single finds Spit going in over a soulful beat by KT The Terrible. Over the producer’s sliced-and-diced string/vocal samples and heavily-syncopated percussion, the emcee drops boastful verses seasoned with an eclectic array of pop-culture references. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Alexander’s Dillinger street album, dropping digitally on Monday, November 11.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.