Last we heard form Alexander Spit, the Bay Area rhymesayer was in his Getaway Car, fleeing a crime scene with his girl Friday by his side. The follow-up single also finds him behind the wheel, this time for a more leisurely cruise along the coast of his native San Francisco. While Coastal / Hyperion is best enjoyed while driving near the beach in your drop-top, those not lucky enough to live within spitting distance of the Pacific will find it equally suitable for headphone listening. The artist’s own atmospheric production, which shapeshifts several times before settling into a balmy, brass-laced groove, sets the stage for verses dripping with suave, self-confident wit. For Coastal / Hyperion and much more, check out A Breathtaking Trip to That Otherside when it hits record stores and online retailers January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.