Last we heard form Alexander Spit, the Bay Area rhymesayer was in his Getaway Car, fleeing a crime scene with his girl Friday by his side. The follow-up single also finds him behind the wheel, this time for a more leisurely cruise along the coast of his native San Francisco. While Coastal / Hyperion is best enjoyed while driving near the beach in your drop-top, those not lucky enough to live within spitting distance of the Pacific will find it equally suitable for headphone listening. The artist’s own atmospheric production, which shapeshifts several times before settling into a balmy, brass-laced groove, sets the stage for verses dripping with suave, self-confident wit. For Coastal / Hyperion and much more, check out A Breathtaking Trip to That Otherside when it hits record stores and online retailers January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.