Last we heard form Alexander Spit, the Bay Area rhymesayer was in his Getaway Car, fleeing a crime scene with his girl Friday by his side. The follow-up single also finds him behind the wheel, this time for a more leisurely cruise along the coast of his native San Francisco. While Coastal / Hyperion is best enjoyed while driving near the beach in your drop-top, those not lucky enough to live within spitting distance of the Pacific will find it equally suitable for headphone listening. The artist’s own atmospheric production, which shapeshifts several times before settling into a balmy, brass-laced groove, sets the stage for verses dripping with suave, self-confident wit. For Coastal / Hyperion and much more, check out A Breathtaking Trip to That Otherside when it hits record stores and online retailers January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.