After the leisurely drive along the coast that was Alexander Spit‘s last single, lovers of chill, headphone-ready beats and rhymes may look at the title of the follow-up and expect a similarly laid-back excursion. But you’d be wrong; this time around, the Bay Area rhymesayer’s got something a little more intense in mind. On project pseudo-title track A Breathtaking Trip, Spit’s own eerie synth-sample boardwork bangs as he narrates a one-way, chemically-assisted journey into the depths of his psyche. Singer BAGO provides hook vocals, and Jason Goldwatch makes the Fear and Loathing parallels explicit in his Hunter S. Thompson-inspired (and NSFW) official visuals. For more, check out new album A Breathtaking Trip to the Otherside when it drops January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Decon is proud to present Los Angeles-based rapper/producer Alexander Spit's debut commercial full length, A Breathtaking Trip To That Otherside. The album is an exercise in psychedelia from a consummate Californian,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.