After the leisurely drive along the coast that was Alexander Spit‘s last single, lovers of chill, headphone-ready beats and rhymes may look at the title of the follow-up and expect a similarly laid-back excursion. But you’d be wrong; this time around, the Bay Area rhymesayer’s got something a little more intense in mind. On project pseudo-title track A Breathtaking Trip, Spit’s own eerie synth-sample boardwork bangs as he narrates a one-way, chemically-assisted journey into the depths of his psyche. Singer BAGO provides hook vocals, and Jason Goldwatch makes the Fear and Loathing parallels explicit in his Hunter S. Thompson-inspired (and NSFW) official visuals. For more, check out new album A Breathtaking Trip to the Otherside when it drops January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.