After the leisurely drive along the coast that was Alexander Spit‘s last single, lovers of chill, headphone-ready beats and rhymes may look at the title of the follow-up and expect a similarly laid-back excursion. But you’d be wrong; this time around, the Bay Area rhymesayer’s got something a little more intense in mind. On project pseudo-title track A Breathtaking Trip, Spit’s own eerie synth-sample boardwork bangs as he narrates a one-way, chemically-assisted journey into the depths of his psyche. Singer BAGO provides hook vocals, and Jason Goldwatch makes the Fear and Loathing parallels explicit in his Hunter S. Thompson-inspired (and NSFW) official visuals. For more, check out new album A Breathtaking Trip to the Otherside when it drops January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.