After the leisurely drive along the coast that was Alexander Spit‘s last single, lovers of chill, headphone-ready beats and rhymes may look at the title of the follow-up and expect a similarly laid-back excursion. But you’d be wrong; this time around, the Bay Area rhymesayer’s got something a little more intense in mind. On project pseudo-title track A Breathtaking Trip, Spit’s own eerie synth-sample boardwork bangs as he narrates a one-way, chemically-assisted journey into the depths of his psyche. Singer BAGO provides hook vocals, and Jason Goldwatch makes the Fear and Loathing parallels explicit in his Hunter S. Thompson-inspired (and NSFW) official visuals. For more, check out new album A Breathtaking Trip to the Otherside when it drops January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.