After the leisurely drive along the coast that was Alexander Spit‘s last single, lovers of chill, headphone-ready beats and rhymes may look at the title of the follow-up and expect a similarly laid-back excursion. But you’d be wrong; this time around, the Bay Area rhymesayer’s got something a little more intense in mind. On project pseudo-title track A Breathtaking Trip, Spit’s own eerie synth-sample boardwork bangs as he narrates a one-way, chemically-assisted journey into the depths of his psyche. Singer BAGO provides hook vocals, and Jason Goldwatch makes the Fear and Loathing parallels explicit in his Hunter S. Thompson-inspired (and NSFW) official visuals. For more, check out new album A Breathtaking Trip to the Otherside when it drops January 29, via Decon.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Kids Are Bored" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.