Fresh off the release of his digital debut album, Dancing With the Devil, Alexander Dreamer steps into the Booth with a little something to pique our appetites for the main course. The project’s introductory track, Underneath the Gods [Fallen Kings], is a distinct change of pace from its predecessor, the brash, self-assured Freedom of Speech. Here, the Columbus, Ohio representative foregoes braggadocio to paint a warts-and-all picture of his experiences on the grind, depicting the valleys of struggle and self-doubt between those moments of triumph that make it all worthwhile. An unknown director’s stylized visuals accompany the cut. Sh*t may be tough being “diamond in the rough,” but dope, relatable joints like this one should ensure Alexander Dreamer doesn’t stay overlooked for much longer. If you like what you’re hearing, more bangers await on the above-mentioned freshman set, released today for free download and purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.