Introduced to the Booth earlier this month with reader-approved video single Young, Alexander Dreamer returns to our pages with a new record that didn’t make it onto his forthcoming full-length. Though released in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Dream Like Kings is more focused on the Columbus, Ohio emcee and producer’s own success fantasies than the civil rights icon’s vision of racial equality. Flowing over his own upbeat, piano-led production, the artist looks forward to the day when he’ll be lord and emperor of the hip-hop game, with all of the wealth and luxury that implies. Has this catchy aspirational cut left you hungry for more? Then watch our front page for the latest song releases leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Dreamer’s next studio album, Dancing With the Devil.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.