Introduced to the Booth earlier this month with reader-approved video single Young, Alexander Dreamer returns to our pages with a new record that didn’t make it onto his forthcoming full-length. Though released in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Dream Like Kings is more focused on the Columbus, Ohio emcee and producer’s own success fantasies than the civil rights icon’s vision of racial equality. Flowing over his own upbeat, piano-led production, the artist looks forward to the day when he’ll be lord and emperor of the hip-hop game, with all of the wealth and luxury that implies. Has this catchy aspirational cut left you hungry for more? Then watch our front page for the latest song releases leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Dreamer’s next studio album, Dancing With the Devil.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.