Introduced to the Booth earlier this month with reader-approved video single Young, Alexander Dreamer returns to our pages with a new record that didn’t make it onto his forthcoming full-length. Though released in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Dream Like Kings is more focused on the Columbus, Ohio emcee and producer’s own success fantasies than the civil rights icon’s vision of racial equality. Flowing over his own upbeat, piano-led production, the artist looks forward to the day when he’ll be lord and emperor of the hip-hop game, with all of the wealth and luxury that implies. Has this catchy aspirational cut left you hungry for more? Then watch our front page for the latest song releases leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of Dreamer’s next studio album, Dancing With the Devil.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.