On early-March promo cut Jerseys & Loafers, Closes Sessions signee Alex Wiley gave us a taste of his “Thug Angel” aesthetic—which, as far as could tell, involves a whole lot of had-hitting flows and a little singing on the side. On the newly-released lead single off his debut street album, the Chi-Town representative expands upon that blueprint, showcasing his variegated flows as well as his melodic hook vocals of a slow-burning beat by Windy City beat duo Odd Couple. Elevator directs the joint’s official visuals. Featuring this cut along with guest appearances by such notables as Freddie Gibbs, Chance The Rapper and GLC, debut mixtape #ClubWiley is scheduled for release June 4.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Chicago buzzmaker Alex Wiley, a rough and tumble, hard-nosed, no holds barred emcee, who has circulated the Blogosphere through the first five months of 2013, has something to prove. But what could a relative newcomer need to...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)