On early-March promo cut Jerseys & Loafers, Closes Sessions signee Alex Wiley gave us a taste of his “Thug Angel” aesthetic—which, as far as could tell, involves a whole lot of had-hitting flows and a little singing on the side. On the newly-released lead single off his debut street album, the Chi-Town representative expands upon that blueprint, showcasing his variegated flows as well as his melodic hook vocals of a slow-burning beat by Windy City beat duo Odd Couple. Elevator directs the joint’s official visuals. Featuring this cut along with guest appearances by such notables as Freddie Gibbs, Chance The Rapper and GLC, debut mixtape #ClubWiley is scheduled for release June 4.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.