On early-March promo cut Jerseys & Loafers, Closes Sessions signee Alex Wiley gave us a taste of his “Thug Angel” aesthetic—which, as far as could tell, involves a whole lot of had-hitting flows and a little singing on the side. On the newly-released lead single off his debut street album, the Chi-Town representative expands upon that blueprint, showcasing his variegated flows as well as his melodic hook vocals of a slow-burning beat by Windy City beat duo Odd Couple. Elevator directs the joint’s official visuals. Featuring this cut along with guest appearances by such notables as Freddie Gibbs, Chance The Rapper and GLC, debut mixtape #ClubWiley is scheduled for release June 4.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.