Back in mid-November, Closed Sessions emcee Alex Wiley came together with director Visual Mecca to bring fans Own Lane, part one in a trilogy of video singles chronicling a young woman’s journeys through Chicago. Follow-up The Woods didn’t make it onto our front page, but you don’t need much backstory to appreciate the saga’s thrilling conclusion, Suck It (Revolution). Here, Rozart trap-tinged percussion and jazzy, muted horns accompany Wiley as he urges listeners to, “take a step into the light / take a look up in the mirror / and take control over your life.” Mecca’s cinematic accompaniment depicts the entirety of the Windy City tripping along with the trilogy’s protagonist, Morgan. For Suck It and much more, check out the artist’s debut album, Club Wiley, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.