Back in mid-November, Closed Sessions emcee Alex Wiley came together with director Visual Mecca to bring fans Own Lane, part one in a trilogy of video singles chronicling a young woman’s journeys through Chicago. Follow-up The Woods didn’t make it onto our front page, but you don’t need much backstory to appreciate the saga’s thrilling conclusion, Suck It (Revolution). Here, Rozart trap-tinged percussion and jazzy, muted horns accompany Wiley as he urges listeners to, “take a step into the light / take a look up in the mirror / and take control over your life.” Mecca’s cinematic accompaniment depicts the entirety of the Windy City tripping along with the trilogy’s protagonist, Morgan. For Suck It and much more, check out the artist’s debut album, Club Wiley, available online as of June.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!