Back in mid-November, Closed Sessions emcee Alex Wiley came together with director Visual Mecca to bring fans Own Lane, part one in a trilogy of video singles chronicling a young woman’s journeys through Chicago. Follow-up The Woods didn’t make it onto our front page, but you don’t need much backstory to appreciate the saga’s thrilling conclusion, Suck It (Revolution). Here, Rozart trap-tinged percussion and jazzy, muted horns accompany Wiley as he urges listeners to, “take a step into the light / take a look up in the mirror / and take control over your life.” Mecca’s cinematic accompaniment depicts the entirety of the Windy City tripping along with the trilogy’s protagonist, Morgan. For Suck It and much more, check out the artist’s debut album, Club Wiley, available online as of June.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.