Back in mid-November, Closed Sessions emcee Alex Wiley came together with director Visual Mecca to bring fans Own Lane, part one in a trilogy of video singles chronicling a young woman’s journeys through Chicago. Follow-up The Woods didn’t make it onto our front page, but you don’t need much backstory to appreciate the saga’s thrilling conclusion, Suck It (Revolution). Here, Rozart trap-tinged percussion and jazzy, muted horns accompany Wiley as he urges listeners to, “take a step into the light / take a look up in the mirror / and take control over your life.” Mecca’s cinematic accompaniment depicts the entirety of the Windy City tripping along with the trilogy’s protagonist, Morgan. For Suck It and much more, check out the artist’s debut album, Club Wiley, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.