Never content simply to follow the pack, Chi-town buzzmaker Alex Wiley has labored long and hard to carve out his Own Lane in the hip-hop game. Nowhere is the uniqueness of his style more apparent than on his latest single, a hazy, Stefan Ponce produced jam which features the Closed Sessions signee ping-ponging between rapid-fire flows and his trademark “Thug Angel” crooning. Visual Media directs the joint’s trippy Day-Glo visuals. Own Lane is the first in a trilogy of video singles off the artist’s debut street album, Club Wiley. Keep it locked throughout the remainder of the month for the cinematic accompaniments to fan favorites The Woods and Suck It Revolution.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Chicago buzzmaker Alex Wiley, a rough and tumble, hard-nosed, no holds barred emcee, who has circulated the Blogosphere through the first five months of 2013, has something to prove. But what could a relative newcomer need to...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)