Never content simply to follow the pack, Chi-town buzzmaker Alex Wiley has labored long and hard to carve out his Own Lane in the hip-hop game. Nowhere is the uniqueness of his style more apparent than on his latest single, a hazy, Stefan Ponce produced jam which features the Closed Sessions signee ping-ponging between rapid-fire flows and his trademark “Thug Angel” crooning. Visual Media directs the joint’s trippy Day-Glo visuals. Own Lane is the first in a trilogy of video singles off the artist’s debut street album, Club Wiley. Keep it locked throughout the remainder of the month for the cinematic accompaniments to fan favorites The Woods and Suck It Revolution.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.