Never content simply to follow the pack, Chi-town buzzmaker Alex Wiley has labored long and hard to carve out his Own Lane in the hip-hop game. Nowhere is the uniqueness of his style more apparent than on his latest single, a hazy, Stefan Ponce produced jam which features the Closed Sessions signee ping-ponging between rapid-fire flows and his trademark “Thug Angel” crooning. Visual Media directs the joint’s trippy Day-Glo visuals. Own Lane is the first in a trilogy of video singles off the artist’s debut street album, Club Wiley. Keep it locked throughout the remainder of the month for the cinematic accompaniments to fan favorites The Woods and Suck It Revolution.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.