Never content simply to follow the pack, Chi-town buzzmaker Alex Wiley has labored long and hard to carve out his Own Lane in the hip-hop game. Nowhere is the uniqueness of his style more apparent than on his latest single, a hazy, Stefan Ponce produced jam which features the Closed Sessions signee ping-ponging between rapid-fire flows and his trademark “Thug Angel” crooning. Visual Media directs the joint’s trippy Day-Glo visuals. Own Lane is the first in a trilogy of video singles off the artist’s debut street album, Club Wiley. Keep it locked throughout the remainder of the month for the cinematic accompaniments to fan favorites The Woods and Suck It Revolution.
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Chicago buzzmaker Alex Wiley, a rough and tumble, hard-nosed, no holds barred emcee, who has circulated the Blogosphere through the first five months of 2013, has something to prove. But what could a relative newcomer need to...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.