For those who’ve been taking their chewable multivitamins and acing their Android brain exercise apps the name of DJBooth newcomer Alex Wiley should sound familiar. And that is because his Closed Sessions record Game Face with Scheme received high marks when it was featured back in late June. Fast forward five weeks, and the Chicago emcee has made his way back to the Booth with the Chris Calor-produced #MoPurp in tow. Alongside guest feature artists Chance The Rapper and Kembe X, the young wordsmith describes his lyrical content as a combination of “smoking,” “f**king b**ches,” and “sandwich rap.” This intriguing combination is blatantly present on #MoPurp, although I think the song might be lacking just slightly in the “sandwich rap” department. On the song’s visuals things get a little trippy as the trio of emcees seem to literally float along their neighborhood landscape. Hey, it creates good conversation. Lookout for more “sandwich rap” and other pleasantries on Wiley’s Village Up mixtape, which is due out this fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.