For those who’ve been taking their chewable multivitamins and acing their Android brain exercise apps the name of DJBooth newcomer Alex Wiley should sound familiar. And that is because his Closed Sessions record Game Face with Scheme received high marks when it was featured back in late June. Fast forward five weeks, and the Chicago emcee has made his way back to the Booth with the Chris Calor-produced #MoPurp in tow. Alongside guest feature artists Chance The Rapper and Kembe X, the young wordsmith describes his lyrical content as a combination of “smoking,” “f**king b**ches,” and “sandwich rap.” This intriguing combination is blatantly present on #MoPurp, although I think the song might be lacking just slightly in the “sandwich rap” department. On the song’s visuals things get a little trippy as the trio of emcees seem to literally float along their neighborhood landscape. Hey, it creates good conversation. Lookout for more “sandwich rap” and other pleasantries on Wiley’s Village Up mixtape, which is due out this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.