Normal? Alex Wiley doesn’t Know what Normal feels like. Neither does unsigned buzzmaker Kembe X—which makes the two of ‘em natural collaborative partners. On this freshly-minted promo single, the Closed Sessions signee and his fellow Chicago native showcase their willingness to take risks and defy conventions. In his trademark “Thug Angel” style, Wiley switches fluidly between sung and rapped vocals, and Kembe follows suit, transitioning from forceful flows to blunted crooning over the course of his verse. The Innovatorz provide a synth-driven beat to accompany their bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more from Alex and Kembe X are encouraged to check out their respective last features, Suck It (Revolution) and Village Over Everything.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Back in June of 2013, Alex Wiley unleashed his Closed Sessions debut street album, a hard-hitting project that had hip-hop heads everywhere lining up to join Club Wiley. Now, on the freshly-minted follow-up, the Windy City...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.