Normal? Alex Wiley doesn’t Know what Normal feels like. Neither does unsigned buzzmaker Kembe X—which makes the two of ‘em natural collaborative partners. On this freshly-minted promo single, the Closed Sessions signee and his fellow Chicago native showcase their willingness to take risks and defy conventions. In his trademark “Thug Angel” style, Wiley switches fluidly between sung and rapped vocals, and Kembe follows suit, transitioning from forceful flows to blunted crooning over the course of his verse. The Innovatorz provide a synth-driven beat to accompany their bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more from Alex and Kembe X are encouraged to check out their respective last features, Suck It (Revolution) and Village Over Everything.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.