Normal? Alex Wiley doesn’t Know what Normal feels like. Neither does unsigned buzzmaker Kembe X—which makes the two of ‘em natural collaborative partners. On this freshly-minted promo single, the Closed Sessions signee and his fellow Chicago native showcase their willingness to take risks and defy conventions. In his trademark “Thug Angel” style, Wiley switches fluidly between sung and rapped vocals, and Kembe follows suit, transitioning from forceful flows to blunted crooning over the course of his verse. The Innovatorz provide a synth-driven beat to accompany their bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more from Alex and Kembe X are encouraged to check out their respective last features, Suck It (Revolution) and Village Over Everything.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Back in June of 2013, Alex Wiley unleashed his Closed Sessions debut street album, a hard-hitting project that had hip-hop heads everywhere lining up to join Club Wiley. Now, on the freshly-minted follow-up, the Windy City...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.