First featured, to positive reader reviews, back in May, Alex Wiley‘s Jerseys & Loafers has received the remix treatment courtesy of Force One Seven. In stark contrast to Chuck Inglish‘s laid-back original boardwork, the Chicago production collective’s instrumental is all about tension and release. Over the course of guest rhymesayer Vic Mensa‘s opening 16, the ominous, piano-led beat gradually builds steam. Halfway through verse two, the record transitions into an explosive double-time section, before slowing back down for a moody closing third. How about it, readers: do you prefer this version’s twists and turns to the original’s more consistent, leisurely vibe? The latter can be found on Alex’s Club Wiley LP, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth. Additionally, the artist will be making his NYC live debut later this month, in a 9/25 show at Santos Party House. Click here for further details on the event!
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Chicago buzzmaker Alex Wiley, a rough and tumble, hard-nosed, no holds barred emcee, who has circulated the Blogosphere through the first five months of 2013, has something to prove. But what could a relative newcomer need to...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.