First featured, to positive reader reviews, back in May, Alex Wiley‘s Jerseys & Loafers has received the remix treatment courtesy of Force One Seven. In stark contrast to Chuck Inglish‘s laid-back original boardwork, the Chicago production collective’s instrumental is all about tension and release. Over the course of guest rhymesayer Vic Mensa‘s opening 16, the ominous, piano-led beat gradually builds steam. Halfway through verse two, the record transitions into an explosive double-time section, before slowing back down for a moody closing third. How about it, readers: do you prefer this version’s twists and turns to the original’s more consistent, leisurely vibe? The latter can be found on Alex’s Club Wiley LP, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth. Additionally, the artist will be making his NYC live debut later this month, in a 9/25 show at Santos Party House. Click here for further details on the event!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.