First featured, to positive reader reviews, back in May, Alex Wiley‘s Jerseys & Loafers has received the remix treatment courtesy of Force One Seven. In stark contrast to Chuck Inglish‘s laid-back original boardwork, the Chicago production collective’s instrumental is all about tension and release. Over the course of guest rhymesayer Vic Mensa‘s opening 16, the ominous, piano-led beat gradually builds steam. Halfway through verse two, the record transitions into an explosive double-time section, before slowing back down for a moody closing third. How about it, readers: do you prefer this version’s twists and turns to the original’s more consistent, leisurely vibe? The latter can be found on Alex’s Club Wiley LP, available now for free streaming and download in The DJBooth. Additionally, the artist will be making his NYC live debut later this month, in a 9/25 show at Santos Party House. Click here for further details on the event!
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.