Unless you call Louisiana home, it’s likely that you won’t be able to pronounce the title of Alex Wiley‘s latest DJBooth-featured record. The emcee’s new single, #Heauxs, is a play on a French and Cajun suffix (pronounced with a long O sound) that would appear to be pronounced “Hoax,” but is actually “Ho’s.” Now that our French lesson is finished, lets talk about the Chicago native’s new single. On Heauxs Wiley delivers a fast paced opening verse with his signature, high-pitched flow over the high-octane production of the talented Stefan Ponce. Joining Wiley is fellow Chicagoan Calez, who demonstrates some clever wordplay highlighted by a strong delivery. Be on the look out for more from Wiley very soon as #Heauxs is just the first of many new releases as he gears up for the debut of his Closed Sessions-released solo project #ClubWiley.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.