Unless you call Louisiana home, it’s likely that you won’t be able to pronounce the title of Alex Wiley‘s latest DJBooth-featured record. The emcee’s new single, #Heauxs, is a play on a French and Cajun suffix (pronounced with a long O sound) that would appear to be pronounced “Hoax,” but is actually “Ho’s.” Now that our French lesson is finished, lets talk about the Chicago native’s new single. On Heauxs Wiley delivers a fast paced opening verse with his signature, high-pitched flow over the high-octane production of the talented Stefan Ponce. Joining Wiley is fellow Chicagoan Calez, who demonstrates some clever wordplay highlighted by a strong delivery. Be on the look out for more from Wiley very soon as #Heauxs is just the first of many new releases as he gears up for the debut of his Closed Sessions-released solo project #ClubWiley.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.