Sometimes you listen to an unreleased record from an artist’s vault and wonder how the hell something so dope managed to fall through the cracks. Future Guns, a joint single recorded by Closed Sessions signee Alex Wiley and Boston DJ/producer Statik Selektah in spring of 2014, is one such jam. Though you wouldn’t necessarily expect Wiley’s unpredictable flow to mesh with Statik’s smooth soundscapes, the former’s animated bars actually provide a dope contrast to the latter’s dreamy sax loops and leisurely percussion. This version of Guns is unattached to any larger project, but another rendition—possibly featuring an additional Chi-town emcee—is slated to appear on a bonus EP that will be packaged with Selektah’s What Goes Around album, due out August 19.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.