Sometimes you listen to an unreleased record from an artist’s vault and wonder how the hell something so dope managed to fall through the cracks. Future Guns, a joint single recorded by Closed Sessions signee Alex Wiley and Boston DJ/producer Statik Selektah in spring of 2014, is one such jam. Though you wouldn’t necessarily expect Wiley’s unpredictable flow to mesh with Statik’s smooth soundscapes, the former’s animated bars actually provide a dope contrast to the latter’s dreamy sax loops and leisurely percussion. This version of Guns is unattached to any larger project, but another rendition—possibly featuring an additional Chi-town emcee—is slated to appear on a bonus EP that will be packaged with Selektah’s What Goes Around album, due out August 19.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.