Sometimes you listen to an unreleased record from an artist’s vault and wonder how the hell something so dope managed to fall through the cracks. Future Guns, a joint single recorded by Closed Sessions signee Alex Wiley and Boston DJ/producer Statik Selektah in spring of 2014, is one such jam. Though you wouldn’t necessarily expect Wiley’s unpredictable flow to mesh with Statik’s smooth soundscapes, the former’s animated bars actually provide a dope contrast to the latter’s dreamy sax loops and leisurely percussion. This version of Guns is unattached to any larger project, but another rendition—possibly featuring an additional Chi-town emcee—is slated to appear on a bonus EP that will be packaged with Selektah’s What Goes Around album, due out August 19.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.