Sometimes you listen to an unreleased record from an artist’s vault and wonder how the hell something so dope managed to fall through the cracks. Future Guns, a joint single recorded by Closed Sessions signee Alex Wiley and Boston DJ/producer Statik Selektah in spring of 2014, is one such jam. Though you wouldn’t necessarily expect Wiley’s unpredictable flow to mesh with Statik’s smooth soundscapes, the former’s animated bars actually provide a dope contrast to the latter’s dreamy sax loops and leisurely percussion. This version of Guns is unattached to any larger project, but another rendition—possibly featuring an additional Chi-town emcee—is slated to appear on a bonus EP that will be packaged with Selektah’s What Goes Around album, due out August 19.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.