The title of Alex Jordahl‘s latest single, Go Away, isn’t the most inviting, but trust me—if you’re a fan of innovative, atmospheric hip-hop and R&B, you’re not gonna want to keep this cut at arm’s length. Those who remember the Chicagoland native from his tightly-wound guest verse on Mayo‘s Applaud for Me may be surprised by this joint’s drowsy vibe. A dense array of synths and studio effects (courtesy of beatsmith Steezefield) surround Jordahl as he pleads with his girl to give their love a second chance. Throughout, the artist transitions fluidly between sung vocals and downtempo flows. Go Away is the lead single off Alex Jordahl’s next street album, Forever Yours. Watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the project’s arrival early next year.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
INVITEONLY Recording Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Its On" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.