I’m not sure if musical talent can be passed down genetically, but Alex Isley is a strong argument to the affirmative. Introduced to our pages by Los Angeles emcee Drekidd, the second-generation Isley family member introduces her smooth, soulful style to The DJBooth with new single Set in Stone. Over her own low-key boardwork, the singer mournfully addresses a man whose love for her didn’t turn out to be as strong as hers for him. For more, check out Alex Isley’s Love/Art Memoirs EP, out now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.