I’m not sure if musical talent can be passed down genetically, but Alex Isley is a strong argument to the affirmative. Introduced to our pages by Los Angeles emcee Drekidd, the second-generation Isley family member introduces her smooth, soulful style to The DJBooth with new single Set in Stone. Over her own low-key boardwork, the singer mournfully addresses a man whose love for her didn’t turn out to be as strong as hers for him. For more, check out Alex Isley’s Love/Art Memoirs EP, out now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 05/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.