Booth readers’ reactions to their first encounter with Aleon Craft were mixed. As you’d expect from an artist audacious enough to drop a Temptations reinterpretation consisting mostly of harmonized whispers, though, the ATL/outer-space representative can take a little criticism (and bafflement) in stride. Thus, Craft is back to make contact with the Booth once again – this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere in tow. While the record’s title is spot-on, mixtape inclusion Spaced Out is a little closer to your average hip-hop cut than his last feature – a little. 808 Blake mans the boards once again, serving up a vertiginous blend of synths and retro samples as the artist raps, sings and, yes, half-whispers his way through free-associated verses and an otherwordly chorus. So, readers, are you starting to warm up to this innovator’s “solar-hop” sound? If so, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his The Prologue (Pt. 2) mixtape when it hits the ‘net on April 19.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)