Booth readers’ reactions to their first encounter with Aleon Craft were mixed. As you’d expect from an artist audacious enough to drop a Temptations reinterpretation consisting mostly of harmonized whispers, though, the ATL/outer-space representative can take a little criticism (and bafflement) in stride. Thus, Craft is back to make contact with the Booth once again – this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere in tow. While the record’s title is spot-on, mixtape inclusion Spaced Out is a little closer to your average hip-hop cut than his last feature – a little. 808 Blake mans the boards once again, serving up a vertiginous blend of synths and retro samples as the artist raps, sings and, yes, half-whispers his way through free-associated verses and an otherwordly chorus. So, readers, are you starting to warm up to this innovator’s “solar-hop” sound? If so, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his The Prologue (Pt. 2) mixtape when it hits the ‘net on April 19.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.