Booth readers’ reactions to their first encounter with Aleon Craft were mixed. As you’d expect from an artist audacious enough to drop a Temptations reinterpretation consisting mostly of harmonized whispers, though, the ATL/outer-space representative can take a little criticism (and bafflement) in stride. Thus, Craft is back to make contact with the Booth once again – this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere in tow. While the record’s title is spot-on, mixtape inclusion Spaced Out is a little closer to your average hip-hop cut than his last feature – a little. 808 Blake mans the boards once again, serving up a vertiginous blend of synths and retro samples as the artist raps, sings and, yes, half-whispers his way through free-associated verses and an otherwordly chorus. So, readers, are you starting to warm up to this innovator’s “solar-hop” sound? If so, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his The Prologue (Pt. 2) mixtape when it hits the ‘net on April 19.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.