Booth readers’ reactions to their first encounter with Aleon Craft were mixed. As you’d expect from an artist audacious enough to drop a Temptations reinterpretation consisting mostly of harmonized whispers, though, the ATL/outer-space representative can take a little criticism (and bafflement) in stride. Thus, Craft is back to make contact with the Booth once again – this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere in tow. While the record’s title is spot-on, mixtape inclusion Spaced Out is a little closer to your average hip-hop cut than his last feature – a little. 808 Blake mans the boards once again, serving up a vertiginous blend of synths and retro samples as the artist raps, sings and, yes, half-whispers his way through free-associated verses and an otherwordly chorus. So, readers, are you starting to warm up to this innovator’s “solar-hop” sound? If so, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his The Prologue (Pt. 2) mixtape when it hits the ‘net on April 19.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.