Booth readers’ reactions to their first encounter with Aleon Craft were mixed. As you’d expect from an artist audacious enough to drop a Temptations reinterpretation consisting mostly of harmonized whispers, though, the ATL/outer-space representative can take a little criticism (and bafflement) in stride. Thus, Craft is back to make contact with the Booth once again – this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere in tow. While the record’s title is spot-on, mixtape inclusion Spaced Out is a little closer to your average hip-hop cut than his last feature – a little. 808 Blake mans the boards once again, serving up a vertiginous blend of synths and retro samples as the artist raps, sings and, yes, half-whispers his way through free-associated verses and an otherwordly chorus. So, readers, are you starting to warm up to this innovator’s “solar-hop” sound? If so, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his The Prologue (Pt. 2) mixtape when it hits the ‘net on April 19.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)