Back in 2006, when Aleon Craft (then known as Big Marc) was one-half of duo Da Backwudz, the ATL repper hooked up with P-Funk legend George Clinton to create album cut Smoke N Ride. Five-plus years later, the collaborators are reuniting for a full-length collaborative tape. On the latest leak off the project, Places to Fly, a Parliament Funkadelic-sampled beat by SMKA affiliates Justin Padron and Paul Forrest sets the stage for some characteristically out-of-this-world bars from Aleon Craft. The twosome’s SMKA/Funkprobosci-presented street album, Mothership: The Decatur Connection, has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.