Back in 2006, when Aleon Craft (then known as Big Marc) was one-half of duo Da Backwudz, the ATL repper hooked up with P-Funk legend George Clinton to create album cut Smoke N Ride. Five-plus years later, the collaborators are reuniting for a full-length collaborative tape. On the latest leak off the project, Places to Fly, a Parliament Funkadelic-sampled beat by SMKA affiliates Justin Padron and Paul Forrest sets the stage for some characteristically out-of-this-world bars from Aleon Craft. The twosome’s SMKA/Funkprobosci-presented street album, Mothership: The Decatur Connection, has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.