Back in 2006, when Aleon Craft (then known as Big Marc) was one-half of duo Da Backwudz, the ATL repper hooked up with P-Funk legend George Clinton to create album cut Smoke N Ride. Five-plus years later, the collaborators are reuniting for a full-length collaborative tape. On the latest leak off the project, Places to Fly, a Parliament Funkadelic-sampled beat by SMKA affiliates Justin Padron and Paul Forrest sets the stage for some characteristically out-of-this-world bars from Aleon Craft. The twosome’s SMKA/Funkprobosci-presented street album, Mothership: The Decatur Connection, has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.