Back in 2006, when Aleon Craft (then known as Big Marc) was one-half of duo Da Backwudz, the ATL repper hooked up with P-Funk legend George Clinton to create album cut Smoke N Ride. Five-plus years later, the collaborators are reuniting for a full-length collaborative tape. On the latest leak off the project, Places to Fly, a Parliament Funkadelic-sampled beat by SMKA affiliates Justin Padron and Paul Forrest sets the stage for some characteristically out-of-this-world bars from Aleon Craft. The twosome’s SMKA/Funkprobosci-presented street album, Mothership: The Decatur Connection, has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.