Back in 2006, when Aleon Craft (then known as Big Marc) was one-half of duo Da Backwudz, the ATL repper hooked up with P-Funk legend George Clinton to create album cut Smoke N Ride. Five-plus years later, the collaborators are reuniting for a full-length collaborative tape. On the latest leak off the project, Places to Fly, a Parliament Funkadelic-sampled beat by SMKA affiliates Justin Padron and Paul Forrest sets the stage for some characteristically out-of-this-world bars from Aleon Craft. The twosome’s SMKA/Funkprobosci-presented street album, Mothership: The Decatur Connection, has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)