As we all predicted, Aleon Craft’s newest release is an ode to the powers of Patron that sounds like is came straight out of a European club. No wait, I’m sorry, that’s what everyone else is doing. Never happy unless he’s swimming against the current, new school ATlien and DJBooth Freestyle alum Aleon Craft is back with another leak and, much like his last leaks Don’t Gotta Work It Out and Broken Paradise, new premiere Carolina (Speed of Sound) draws its inspiration from a very unusual source – Pitchfork darlings and indie rock staples Girls. This time around production crew SMKA takes the original, druggy haze of the Girls’ Carolina and adds some bounce via uptempo percussion (call it a Solar-Hop Remix), giving Aleon the room to rhyme about both his insistence on maintaining an unconventional style and the simple pleasures in life; like, say, perfectly round booties. If this gets you in the mood for more “don’t bend the rules, break them” hip-hop be sure to cop Aleon’s hilariously titled new mixtape, Craft Singles, when it drops this Tuesday, July 19.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.