As we all predicted, Aleon Craft’s newest release is an ode to the powers of Patron that sounds like is came straight out of a European club. No wait, I’m sorry, that’s what everyone else is doing. Never happy unless he’s swimming against the current, new school ATlien and DJBooth Freestyle alum Aleon Craft is back with another leak and, much like his last leaks Don’t Gotta Work It Out and Broken Paradise, new premiere Carolina (Speed of Sound) draws its inspiration from a very unusual source – Pitchfork darlings and indie rock staples Girls. This time around production crew SMKA takes the original, druggy haze of the Girls’ Carolina and adds some bounce via uptempo percussion (call it a Solar-Hop Remix), giving Aleon the room to rhyme about both his insistence on maintaining an unconventional style and the simple pleasures in life; like, say, perfectly round booties. If this gets you in the mood for more “don’t bend the rules, break them” hip-hop be sure to cop Aleon’s hilariously titled new mixtape, Craft Singles, when it drops this Tuesday, July 19.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)